Mindfulness and meditation have been shown to be effective in reducing stress, anxiety, depression, chronic pain, anger, attention problems and more. With as little as 20 minutes of practice a day, Mindfulness can help you overcome psychological and emotional suffering and increase satisfaction and wellbeing. In this Introduction you will:
- Learn what Mindfulness is and how mindfulness can help you individually, in your relationships, in your school or work life and more.
- Learn the differences between mindfulness and meditation.
- Learn how meditation can help you develop the skills of mindfulness.
- Learn why group practice with others is especially helpful.
- Sample an introductory guided mindfulness meditation.
- Have answers to your questions about mindfulness and meditation and how they might provide some relief from suffering.
- Learn suggestions for beginning or continuing practice.
Frank Baird is a UCLA MARC Certified Mindfulness Facilitator. He has taught mindfulness to corporate staff (at Amgen, Disney, Fox Entertainment, ABC Studios and more), to therapy clients at Kaiser Permanente, and to community members in a variety of settings (including UCLA MARC’s Weekly Community Practice, The Den Meditation, Against the Stream and more). He provides group and individual instruction. He is a Mentor for MARC’s Long Distance Intensive Practice Program. He is a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (LMFT) and Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC).
Learn more about Frank @ www.frankbaird.com
Free. No registration necessary.